Wednesday, August 29, 2012

It's Just Time

"I'm wearing the smile you gave me."
"I can’t move on and I can’t stay the same, and all my friends say…"
 
 
Dear Everyone,
 
It's been a while since I did anything on here but I'm here simply to say I will be making an honest attempt to start visiting here and posting on at least a bi-weekly basis. With that said, I hope you'll settle with a poem until the first actual post which should be coming along later this week- toodles
 

“Please don’t touch me, understand I’m hurt.” She said and like a dying wish my hand fell. We used to stand tall and happy, ripe with hope and anyone who looked in our eyes could tell you we were in love even if we acted like it was our biggest secret. Still sometimes things change cuz now we’re wearing layers like we’re afraid everything even the wind can hurt us… hands and eyes mislabeled twitchy and empty so we won’t forget in fear and faith anything can happen. But we weren’t always broken, we once stood tall and happy ripe with dreams- We used to edge into our future for fun, testing waters and enjoying what we tasted until the future became addictive and overnight you became my girl… We spat out secrets and kept note of how faces shifted to show intentions like “what’s wrong” and “nothing really” and “why won’t you tell me?” But what can I say that won’t make you say “maybe you shouldn’t stay…” when I’m a mess with a mirror and you weren’t fairing too well from the start? I’m not selfish just easily distracted and honestly scared you’d rather live without this and normally I would have laced up my sneakers some time ago but you’re not just someone I can run from… ya see, we used to stand tall and happy ripe with simplicity as it was the easiest thing to be with you watching snow storms from windows on valentine’s day or spend drunken nights dressed up like cloak and dagger telling tales you share with only your best friend… You always knew just the right ingredients to make me want to fly even when I didn’t, you still do. And I keep getting lost daydreaming lately wondering if you remember why you fell in love with me and if you still trust me… Cuz you still line the walls in my dreams telling me “don’t give up” kinda things and I trust you so I’m listening…

Until Later, Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment